Underground fiestas, 4 seasons and Vivaldi, Colds and just a little bit of DRAG!

Firstly, apologies to my regular readers. I have been oddly busy and haven't got round to writing a post for 2 weeks. It has definitely been busy!

But as I do not have all day, I will keep it brief.

Work is well. My colleague left last week so this week I am a one woman machine, ensuring the smooth running of the International office.

Unlike being at Uni, when I leave work at 5/5:30pm, I leave ANYTHING to do with work behind and go home to enjoy my evening with no cares in the world (other than what I am going to cook myself and whether the washing of my hair is a NECESSITY for that eve)
Therefore, this new form of freedom means I am much more ready to make plans. I also bought myself a Navigo card to allow stress-free travelling as opposed to before when I would be standing at the barrier frantically searching for the single ticket I had bought which was always NEVER in arms reach.

2 weekends ago, I went for Peruvian food with some friends who I met in South America and then proceeded to continue the Spanish streak by going to an underground salsa music concert.  Although I was surrounded by people who 'thought' they were professional and who were more than happy to nearly spin-out into me, I did have a lot of fun and even had a little jig myself! My fabulously relaxing evening then turned a bit sour as I got off the metro with the intention of taking my RER (train) home to discover that THERE WERE NOT ANY.  
30 euros later I am home. Shall not be doing that again!

I went and saw Black Panther that weekend too which was AWESOME. I have never really been a huge fan of the Marvel movies. I have nothing against them. Just never watched them.  My boyfriend likes them though so whenever he is allowed to pick a movie, it always end up being something along them lines. 
But anyway, I went there with a French friend and a few other people. We then went for sushi and it was a great day.
I spent Sunday enjoying the sun in Paris with a friend. A rather successful weekend if I do say so myself.

Last week was very exciting!
I got an invite from a friend to see Vivaldi and the 4 seasons in La Madeleine.  It was incredible! The atmosphere was amazing and I actually felt quite classically knowledgable knowing most of the pieces.  I smiled during the entire thing and was glad I had decided to try something as new as listening to classical music in a lightly dimmed church.

The following day, I went and saw 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert'. I am not sure what I was expecting but it was 100x better than I thought it would be! Even though all of the dialogue was in French, ALL of the songs were English pop songs - Everything from 'Like a Virgin' to 'YMCA'
The audience were up on their feet singing, clapping and dancing to the hits and the atmosphere was just amazing! 
Dare I say it may have been the best show I have ever seen? I may do!

Unfortunately due to all of these exciting outings, my tiredness and the terrible cold Paris has been seeing, I came down with a terrible cough and sniffly nose.  My friend from Uni came and visited me at the weekend. Being ill did not deter me though as we went and saw the new 'Fifty Shades of Grey', drank wine, visited the Moulin Rouge, sat in a park, brunched and even visited a bookshop.

So after this busy 2 weeks, I did enjoy having an early night.  I am still nursing myself back to health with tea and hot water bottles but nearly not feeling like death anymore.

Anyway - til next time!


Comments

Popular Posts