Family days out

We have now hit the 3 month point! - this time in 4 weeks I will be home! Now people keep saying to me 'You must be enjoying it! Dont wish it away! Enjoy every second!' And trust me, I am. But I have now been away 3 months. Away from my family, boyfriend and friends.  And I wont lie, it is difficult.  But I am on the home straight now and a roast dinner, a PROPER cup of tea and a hug from my mum are in sight.

Week was same old same old although I asked to alter my timetable a little bit so that I could vary what I was doing (I cut out a lot of maths because maths scares me - even at 10 year old level)  so I now help in French and Art too! I will admit though being in French is a bit confusing as the teacher jumps between Spanish and French without much warning - I am just glad she never asks me any questions because my French has gone out of the window since being here. I can just about understand what is being said not to mention attempting to form a response!

On Thursday, myself and the other VTP girls helped collectively at a different school. It was different as the activities were focused on Britain and the Royal Family (of which I know very little) but the kids and the teachers were so happy to have us there so we felt really welcome - and there was lunch included so win-win.

On Friday, a friend and I went for all you can eat sushi in Surco where if you didn't finish what they brought you, you had to pay 2 soles per roll! - I felt like I was on Man vs Food! In the evening, Peru was playing New Zealand in the football so my family got me a top so I could support Peru too! Although I must admit I only lasted 15 minutes into the game as it didn't start until gone 10pm and we were up the following morning at 4:30am for our trip to Paracas. So I supported Peru - from the confort of my bed.

My Peruvia mum, her daughter and myself went to Paracas the following day as part of a tour.  We got on the bus at 5:30am and off we went.  After a nap and a coffee we arrived at the Islas Ballestas AKA 'poor man's Galapagos' and took the boat out to see the seals and birds.  It was so beautiful!
We then had time for lunch so my family and I went up to the fish restaurant that looked over the port and had Ceviche and cocktails followed by a piece of cake to share (because being healthy in Peru is nearly impossible)
We then went to a Pisco museum which ended in trying nearly every wine or liquor cream they had. I didn't complain!
At our final stop, we were lead to a buggy and told to strap in. We then headed out into the desert, flying up and down dunes, around corners and down drops which left everyone in the buggy screaming. We then stopped on top of one of the dunes and the driver brought out snowboards with which we skidded down the sandhill!
To end our trip we made it to Huacachina which is an oasis in the middle of the desert.  It was so beautiful and even though I only spent a short time there, it is up there as one of the best things I have seen in Peru (although there are a lot on the list as I could say that EVERYTHING I have seen in Peru has been amazing)


On Sunday, my family took me to see the bullfighting at Lima's Plaza de Acho.  Until now, I thought the whole thing was unplanned and that

the events were random.  But I was wrong! It is a performance. And like a show, everyone has a role to play.  Obviously the death of the bull was inevitable and although it made me sad, I felt a new sense of appreciation for all of the players including the 'torero' who danced around the bull and performed for the audience - clearly risking their lives doing it.

This weekend, I am going to Iquitos and into the jungle! I am looking forward to it and my next blog will be about that!

Until then, Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts